We hold your personal data, safe and secure for a variety of business purposes.
This policy sets out how we seek to protect your personal data and ensure that our marketing and communications team understand the rules governing the use of personal data to which they have access in the course of their work.
Business purposes include the following:
- Marketing and communication purposes to keep you informed about the updates happening at the Italian Chamber of Commerce & Industry for the UK regarding events and news.
Fair and lawful processing
We process personal data fairly and lawfully in accordance with your rights. This generally means that we should not process personal data unless the individual whose details we are processing has consented to this happening.
Our marketing responsibilities
- Approving data protection statements attached to emails and other marketing copy.
- Addressing data protection queries from partners, target audiences or media outlets.
The processing of all data must be:
- Necessary to deliver our services
- In our legitimate interests and not unduly prejudice of your privacy.
Where not specified previously in this policy, the following provisions will be in effect on or before 25 May 2018.
Privacy Notice – transparency of data protection.
Being transparent and providing accessible information to individuals we have on our marketing and communications databases about how we will use personal data is important for our organisation. The following are details on how we collect data and what we will do with it:
What information is being collected?
- Interests in the Chamber
- Email Address
Who is collecting it?
- The Italian Chamber of Commerce & Industry for the UK and its branches
How is it collected?
- Website sign up forms and enquiries
- Market research done by phone calls compliance with the current regulation.
Why is it being collected?
- Communication with audiences who are interested in updates from the Italian Chamber of Commerce & Industry for the UK in relation to events, news and information regarding all sectors.
How will it be used?
- For newsletter communications via email
- Invitations via email
- Request for information via email
Who will it be shared with?
- The Italian Chamber of Commerce & Industry partners and members
- Until stated
The data that we collect is subject to active consent by the data subject (yourself). This consent can be revoked at any time by you.
Right to be forgotten
You may request that any information held on them is deleted or removed, and any third parties who process or use that data must also comply with the request. An erasure request can only be refused if an exemption applies.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
- Cookie: _ga
- Name: Google Analytics
- Purpose: This cookie enables us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern and how visitors reached our Site.
- More information: Privacy Overview.html
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.